I’ve just received the latest State of Social Marketing report by Simply Measured and I have to say that the report has improved a lot in terms of content quality. Specifically, I liked the section they dedicated to show how to map your social strategy and align it to business impact. Social business seems to be the big topic moving forward.
As they said “Once social marketers are able to quantify social’s area of impact, they can solve the issue of integration, which our survey highlighted as a major challenge”
I believe this graph “Social Metrics Map” is very suitable and helpful as it includes in the same table, not only metric and KPIs but also other items likes goal, social strategy, or even learn how to buy instagram likes to make a bigger follow metric etc
Below you will find top key findings from the report State of Social Marketing 2006
• Social media is a growing focus for marketing teams: The percentage of social media teams that live within the marketing organization has grown from 49% in 2015 to 63.2% in 2016.
• Marketing teams have two distinct functions: To be stewards of the brand, and to drive revenue and demand.
• Measuring ROI is a massive problem: 61.1% of marketers identified “Measuring ROI” as their top challenge, and only 9.4% said that they’re able to quantify revenue driven by social.
• Social media marketers don’t have the budget they need for analytics software: 76.5% of marketers say they aren’t getting the budget they need to do their best work, and 43% cite analytics software as their biggest need.
• Instagram adoption is nearing complete penetration among brands: 94% of top brands have profiles, and 86% posted to the network in May.
• 100% of top brands have Twitter profiles, and 99% posted in the month of May.