WOW, Twitter’s new profiles are finally here available to everyone and they just look like Facebook. I don’t know what you think but for me it’s obvious that these 2 big Tech companies are gonna be fighting for the same sweet spot. There won’t be Twitter or Facebook anymore but Social. Actually, Weibo was actually the one SN merging or adding features from each one and it seems that it will be the model which will lead the way.
– The Facebook-like redesign features larger text for most engaging content, images and a customizable profile that is designed to be a full on summary about the user.
– Brands can now choose a larger header image, pin a Tweet to the top, and show off their best content.
– The more engaging, the bigger is the text font of the font.
– Brands can now filter feeds so that they only show tweets with images and/or video, regular tweets or tweets and replies.
– Information about the user falls under the profile image, followed by smaller photos of that user’s friends.
– Twitter’s “Following” and “Follower” lists are now cooler. Instead of an actual list, Brands get a Pinterest-like board of cards your followers and following. This allows Twitter to add more detail to each account listing (profile pic, header image, description, “Follow” link and an “Other actions” menu). Now it’s easy to see who follows you so can make best decision on your follow strategy.
KEY BENEFITS FOR BRANDS:
– Higher brand identification: The profile is much more visible and shows more information. Also, brands can select the colour to align it with the brand image specifications.
– Engagement is a priority: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find. Besides, you can pin your best performing tweets to the top.
– More Control on content: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
SOME COOL EXAMPLES
– Nike https://twitter.com/nike
– Ford – https://twitter.com/ford
– Sony – https://twitter.com/sony
– GE – https://twitter.com/generalelectric
– McDonalds – https://twitter.com/McDonalds
Have you found any other cool Twitter profile? Ps, leave your comment.